Friday, February 5, 2010

A Bright Glow

*Note* This was written years ago, and I felt vain enough to post it online.

With beauty like yours, I could sing hymns about you,
Shining bright amongst a sea of counterfeit goddesses
you shame even Venus herself. Her hand grows weak
holding the candle that could never glow as brightly as you do.

I want to walk with you, find out the things that excite you.
Create things that would adore and delight you, masterpieces
in tribute to you. You are the woman that men dream and
scheme for. Go to work and provide for, hoping one day
you will mean more, than any priceless gem.

I want to know you, find out more about you, from your
favorite song, to your saddest memory. From the thing
that makes you laugh out loud, to the thing that gives you
the sweetest joy. I want to discover all this and more.

You will be the harbor, that I will come to, and never sail
away from, you will be my home.

... if you let me...Will you let me?

No comments: