Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In perfect gratitude...

I have moments, full and ponderous moments, where I realize the importance of things. The crisp meaty taste of a ripe tomatoe on a well constructed sandwich. The glacier like coolness of a jug of tap water from the refrigerator. The warmth of a smile from a friend, or a child, or a stranger who you share an awkward, but connecting moment with.

These are things, that when I've slowed down my brain, turned off all of the extraneous worries of adulthood, I let wash over me, like warm rain on an even warmer evening, and am surprised by my acuity.

I had such a moment, minutes ago, as I sat at my desk, looking at movie trailers, recharging my stores of courage. During this time, I saw a couple clips, and both trailers, from Jason Reitman's soon to be released, "Up in the Air".

Cutting to the chase, I was awestruck. Seeing someone craft images that will stay in the minds of those who gleefully give over the better part of a twenty dollar bill, for a movie ticket. And even more for popcorn and soda. But those pilgrims of the cineplex will be met with an astounding piece of cinema/film/movie, call it what you will, but see it.

It's movies like these, that give me that jittery, "can't wait to finish me script" kind of feeling, so I can do what Jason Reitman is doing. Making films. And I would like to thank him for it. I would like to thank Jason Reitman for choosing to be a filmmaker, and making guys like me, realize there is art in entertainment.

Peace.

No comments: